My name is Marieke. I'm so excited that you found my website! I have loved to draw my entire life but have only in the past few years been able to bring my designs to people all over the world through a print-on-demand company called zazzle. I now receive orders from all over the United States, Europe and even as far away as Australia.
My designs are whimsical and simple in bold colors which makes them appealing for both kids and adults. The images are always first hand-drawn and then individually applied to hundreds of products after being uploaded digitally. My zazzle shop has allowed me to turn my designs into real life products for the home, beautiful stationery, apparel for the whole family, party invitations, customizable ornaments and even postage stamps!
Since starting my creative business with zazzle, I have also opened up an etsy shop where you can shop for educational & bilingual printables as well as nature inspired handmade gifts.
Some fun facts about me:
- I was born in the Netherlands but now live in Portland, Oregon, USA. Both places are known to be rainy, yet tons of people ride bikes. Imagine that.
- I have always liked to draw. My style started out very photo realistic but has become more whimsical and simple over time.
- I love a good story. Besides art supply stores, book stores and libraries are my other favorite places to hang out.
- I recently walked 60 miles in 3 days to raise awareness for breast cancer. What an experience!
- I love animals and have been known to make everything come to a stop to help a lost dog find its home again.
- I enjoy learning about wildlife, foraging for wild foods and mushroom hunting.
- Kids make me smile!
If you would like to contact me, this is the best way to do so:
You can also find me on social media by clicking the icons below. Let's connect!