From kids activities to family and work commitments, us moms have so many demands on our time. It can all be a bit overwhelming and our hearts yearn for some time to be calm and just be. To restore and recharge our batteries. For many of us, the time we long for is a time to be creative. But how to make that happen when we are so very busy all day long?
Here are 5 quick tips for busy moms to enjoy a creative life:
1. Capture the beauty of your everyday life with photography. Play around with light, zooming in for a close up or taking photos at an unusual angle. Our modern phones make it so easy! No excuse that you left your camera at home anymore. You will enjoy looking back at the images you took and create beautiful memories along the way!
2. Involve your kids and live a creative life together! Kids love it when you plop down next to them to color in a coloring book, to draw a funny sketch, play with paint or sculpt with play dough. You can be a role model for your kids by using positive words to describe a piece of artwork and showing that creative time is time well spent!
3. Enter a sketchbook challenge. I love challenges because you learn so much when you make a daily commitment! If you are on instagram, you may want to follow ellolovey to participate in her monthly doodle challenges. Even if life gets in the way, you can just continue with the prompts when time allows again.
4. Meet up with a creative friend. If you enjoy grabbing a coffee with a friend who also enjoys being creative, suggest that she bring her sketchbook next time you get together. An added bonus is the encouragement you can provide each other!
5. Create handmade cards and gifts. Instead of spending the time to run to the store and find that perfect gift, make one! Or if making the gift is a bit too intimidating, try creating a handmade card. Or gift tags. Or wrapping paper. You get the idea.
You will find that by infusing your life with even a few minutes of creativity here or there, you will feel the difference. Finding time for your creativity is important and may positively impact not just you, but those around you as well.
It's a new year and you can live more creatively! How do you plan to make 2016 a year filled with creativity? Please share your thoughts below!
Enjoying the simple joys of life and sharing love one drawing at a time